The 30 days of no wheat and dairy have come to an end! It has been a good month and I am so thankful to be feeling better. Most days this last week and a half I have felt pretty much back to normal, which is wonderful! I am going to continue this eating plan as much as possible. I don’t want it to rule my life though, so I will make exceptions for special occasions or when we go to another person’s home. I may add cheese back into my diet, too, or at least try it and see how my body reacts. That is what I have missed the most. I can make due without bread, but not having cheese on top of Mexican food is pretty sad. J
Positives for this month include, the obvious, decline of IBS symptoms, but I've also lost 7 pounds and 2 inches around my tummy and 1 inch around my waist. I had steady weight loss the first few weeks, but the last 10 days I have stayed the same. It could be from the Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream, or it could be that my body is comfortable at this weight. While I would like to be 10 pounds lighter, I don't obsess about it and I don't "diet." I just try to eat healthy foods when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full, and let my body decide what a healthy weight is. My back has seen improvement this month as well, although I still have bad days, just fewer of them. Not sure if this is because my diet changed or that I have added regular exercise in, but whatever caused it I am happy.
I now want to take a little time to talk about my health goals for the month of March. I will no longer be doing the daily health log with my diet and exercise for the day, but I do want to continue to keep accountable, not only to me but to my friends who are interested. I plan to have a few health posts per month talking about a healthy diet or exercise, and I will continue the recipe posts. I also want to have a monthly post with goals for the month. Feel free to join me! I would love your feedback either through the comment section or by email.
March Health Goals:
- Continue my weight circuit 3 times a week.
- Do yoga at least 20 minutes, preferably 30-40 minutes, 5 times per week.
- Take Koda on a 30 minute walk at least 5 times a week.
- Introduce 1 new vegetable into my diet. This month it's this recipe for Caramelized Brussels Sprouts. (I'll admit, I couldn't wait until March to try them and made them this week. They were delicious!!)
- Continue no wheat and dairy at home. Exclusions can be made if we go to someone’s house for dinner. May add cheese back into diet this month.
- Go on a hike. (Chad has spring break in mid-March, so if the weather is nice this should be doable.)
Do you have monthly health goals? Please share! I can always use some inspiration!